VINCAL Laboratories carry out wine sensory analysis. They are part of the Control Board of the Designation of Origin Ribera del Guadiana.
In July 2015, ENAC’s Accreditation Commission* gave VINCAL Laboratories the certification no. 1160/LE 2243 as a testing laboratory, according to the regulations in UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005, “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”. This fact turned VINCAL Laboratories into the first Spanish certified laboratory to conduct wine sensory analysis.
This certification recognises both the technical competence of the tests carried out at VINCAL Laboratories for wine sensory analysis, and the objectivity and impartiality of the results obtained, raising its quality standards up to the highest level. This recognition is also a response to VINCAL Laboratories’ strong commitment to continuous improvement in their processes and services.
The standard cover all the aspects related to the laboratory’s management, from sample preparation to record management and report system. In this way, a formal acknowledgement of the delivered service is done in order to obtain reliable, accurate and technically valid results, which satisfy the customer’s needs.
Which are the benefits of certifying the laboratory?
- Risk reduction, as it allows the laboratory to determine whether they’re doing their job correctly and according to appropriate standards.
- Staff’s commitment to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Periodical evaluations by the accreditation organisation provide a reference point to keep competence level high.
- Continuous improvement of the laboratory’s management system.
- Continuous development of the staff’s competencies through training plans and evaluation of their efficiency.
- International recognition, thanks to the mutual recognition agreements between the accreditation organisations of the different countries.
- Access to new customers, as international recognition reduces the costs of producers and exporters, since they don’t need to do tests in a different country.
Furthermore, it guarantees other kind of added values such as:
- Increase of customer confidence
- Increase of level of acceptance of their customers’ products in other markets.
In conclusion, the accreditation is a tool that contributes to the development of safer markets with a free offer of reliable products and services, at the same time that helps the reinforcement of consumers’ protection.
What is its quality policy?
The management of the laboratory aims at keeping and improving the quality of the tests carried out in the laboratory, and therefore it establishes as an intrinsic priority, working in accordance with the regulations of the international standard UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”, continuously improving the efficiency of their management system.
With this purpose, they have developed a quality system complying with the standards and specifications relevant in each case. The quality policy promoted by the management of the laboratory is based, amongst others, on the following principles:
- The management of the laboratory commits to the principle of good professional practice during the delivery of their services, as well as to the reliable quality of the tests they conduct.
- Compliance with the applicable requirements of the Regulatory and mandatory Documents.
- Independence of the laboratory’s own activities from other activities carried out by the Control Board of the Denomination of Origin Ribera del Guadiana.
- Attainment of customers’ satisfaction to keep and improve the relations with them.
- Identification of opportunities to improve the tests, taking into account labour risk prevention and environment protection.
- Provision of a training plan for the laboratory staff, making sure that all the staff members know it and apply the procedures described in the quality system, which shall be continuously updated.
Quality is a key goal and a big responsibility assumed by all the staff members of the laboratory, who are aware of the importance of their activities and work for the achievement of the objectives of the management system.
Do not hesitate to ask for further details about the full organoleptic test process (reports, execution timing…) and a quotation adjusted to your own needs.